From 25 to 29 November 2019, the German-Southeast Asian Center of Excellence for Public Policy and Good Governance (CPG), with support from the Hanns Seidel Foundation, will host the CPG Winter Academy on Human Rights & Development at the Faculty of Law of Thammasat University in Bangkok.
The Academy is a one-week intensive course. For the 8th time, it offers lectures, seminars, panel discussions, workshops and debates by internationally recognized scholars, practitioners, and representatives from international and state organizations as well as from non-governmental organizations. The Academy covers theoretical introductions, in-depth practical insights and case studies concerning fundamental questions as well as current issues of human rights and development.
The course is suitable for students, young academics, practitioners and other interested persons who want to enhance their knowledge in the respective fields. The Academy is conducted in English. → Previous CPG Winter Academies on Human Rights and Development
- Human rights and development in Southeast Asia
- Concept and critique of human rights
- National and international mechanisms of human rights protection
- Digtial freedoms and their limitations
- Refguee rights and protection
- Political freedoms and human rights lawyering
- Business and human rights
- Counter-terrorism and human rights
- Human rights in criminal procedure
- Political economy of development
- Development, environmental protection and climate change
- Project development and implementation
Course venue: The Winter Academy will be held on 25-29 November 2019 at the Faculty of Law, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand’s oldest and most prestigious law school.
Fee: Waived on occasion of celebrating the 10th anniversary of CPG
Teaching language: English
Participants will be selected on the basis of their applications.
Applications consist of the online application form available at https://s.surveyplanet.com/2xccKDt3 as well as a CV and a motivation statement, to be sent until 17 November 2019, to Ms. Venus Phuangkom at email@example.com.
Upon receipt of application documents, applicants will receive response and admission decision within three days.
For more information about CPG’s events, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms. Venus Phuangkom).